10/14/10

Deadly Love - texts & drawings

Deadly Love - texts & drawings 1998 by Tiina Jääskeläinen (Tiina Hattunen)

Poems are only in Finnish except "A Prayer" (Pahoinpidellyn vaimon rukous), which is also available in English.

The very first originals were in my diaries starting from May 1998. As I stood by a fax machine at work in the Turku Art's Academy in autumn 1998 the machine started to print a message telling about an event against domestic violence in Finland. I immediately decided to suggest my drawings to the organisation, and that is how these pictures started to have a life of there own in exhibitions, in TV, in seminars etc. both nationally and internationally.

This is a story of a family. It could be any family. Unfortunately it was mine, and the pictures tell about me, my children and their father.




Our Family, A4, ink, 1998, Tiina Jääskeläinen, FINLAND





Business meeting, A4, ink, 1998, Tiina Jääskeläinen, FINLAND





Love - she is MY WIFE,  A4, ink, 1998, Tiina Jääskeläinen, FINLAND





Policemen, A4, ink, 1998, Tiina Jääskeläinen, FINLAND




Social workers, A4, ink, 1998, Tiina Jääskeläinen, FINLAND




Justice, A4, ink, 1998, Tiina Jääskeläinen, FINLAND




This really hurts, A4, ink, 1998, Tiina Jääskeläinen, FINLAND






Where's my Mommy, A4, ink, 1998, Tiina Jääskeläinen, FINLAND






Rest and Rot, A4, ink, 1998, Tiina Jääskeläinen, FINLAND


A Prayer

God of  Injustice
Bless my husband who strangled me
Tortured, tormented, abused me
Bless the deeds of his strong and powerful hands

God of  Injustice
Bless my husband who took my son to raise him to be a real man
Bless him so that the ruthless, the selfish, and the evil will never disappear

God of  Injustice
Bless my husband who evicted me from my home, destroyed my economy, stole my property, degraded me

God of Injustice
Bless all the wife-beating husbands, murderers, and rapists
All who are arbitrarily, cruel and callous
For theirs is the fortune and the glory and the power
Now and forever

Amen

Copyright Tiina Jääskeläinen (Tiina Hattunen)